Feb 21, 2008

The Movie, 13 Months of Sunshine...Just Added

How did I possibly forget to upload this new exciting film a friend of mine had made recently? I've heard great reviews about 13 Months of Sunshine. Sadly I had also missed a screening they did in Washington DC sometime in November. At any rate, it is a story of love (sort of arranged for convenience, I shall say, but then the two characters discover that each has some affection towards one another). In short, two young Ethiopians falsely marry in order to meet their own interests. He is an American citizen living in Los Angeles. She is an Ethiopian immigrant who is in a desperate need for a green card. He needs money to open the coffee shop he has always dreamed of. She happens to have just that. While waiting thirteen months for the green card to arrive, each discovers that there is more to life than what they had bargained for.

This same info is now uploaded in the database: www.filmsofafrica.com

I had wondered why the film was given such a title, until I read more about it. I will direct your attention to the official website for more info: http://www.13monthsofsunshine.com/

No comments: